Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Rooney @ La Boule Noire

May 16th
I was biased about this concert, let me start by putting that out there. A friend decided not to go the day before the show and gave me the ticket a few hours before... I like Rooney, but they certainly aren't one of my top bands. Also, after waiting an hour an a half after door time for the concert to start, the lack of opening band and mere hour of playing time were all factors in the experience, of course. All that said, I had a surprisingly good time. I was reminded rather strongly of OK Go, the first time I saw them, several years ago... much less well known than they are now, and therefore a little bit more pressured to do well to make it for themselves. On the other hand, stating that these two new songs (actually, the new songs were quite good live) are located on your myspace page might not be the most subtle way to get your point across. It also isn't really the best idea to tell your audience to clap and sing before you have. Definite points for a band that works well together live after a cancelled show in Germany the night before. I hope their self promotion works out for them, the upcoming album seems to have potential.

No comments: